WhatsApp or call us on 9562933934 to avail the offer on NEET PG Test series. You can tailor the packs to suit your need.
NEET PG image MCQs have created a huge interest in the examination board and among candidates alike. Computer-Based Exams opened up the new options of objective-style multi-media questions. The beginning of this is marked by the rise of the image based multiple choice medical PG objective questions. In the coming years one could expect audio E.g heart murmurs and videos E.g. surgical clips in your medical PG computer based exams. For the time being this is far from happening. Some Image-based MCQs are peer reviewed before being used in NEET PG, AIIMS, MCI and JIPMER exams. This opens up certain advantages to candidates along with the challenges. G2M has commissioned a new image MCQ team to extensively research medical PG entrance examinations and interview faculties across the country.
NEW: Image MCQ pack for medical PG preparation is available with selected medical PG image MCQs on Platinum access from today. Follow the guidelines for Image MCQ HYT below. G2M has also commissioned 1 new Medical PG image MCQ to be added to the pack each day. This is a privilege for Platinum Access candidates.
Tips for NEET PG Image Based MCQs
- Have an exam map of medical PG exam you are preparing for. E.g AIIMS, NEET PG, MCI and JIPMER. Map out the areas of usually asked image based questions (MCQs).
> Chest X-rays
> Pleural Effusion
> Add More +
> Atrial Fibrillation
> Add More +
Make sure that you add all 19 medical subjects. Radiology itself is a major area but there is a lot of crossover. You should bear in mind that many X-rays and contrast studies are contributed by this department for examinations. It is worth thinking during your internship postings. Each time you come across an image based MCQ, note the topic under the map. This will help you to google image search the topics near to your exam. No two medical PG images are exactly repeated! That’s just a wish, if not an anomaly.
- Be systematic when you analyse an image on your NEET PG exam day. E.g. See the colour of the stain in a microbiology slide image before looking at the structure details. This needs to be practiced. Do not look at the answers first when you learn. You fail to analyse the details if you know the answer first. Learn the method to answer, not the answer byheart. Read more about systematic approach to ECG image MCQs here. Note down 5-7 steps for a systematic approach to each type of image MCQs for NEET PG & AIIMS PG. E.g. Image MCQs for X-rays, slides, surgical instruments, dermatology, CT scan etc.
- The problem: Look for the single most important idea that is being tested. There is usually one problem. But the solution to the problem requires more than 1 step. Hence there will be distractors in the choices that needs to be eliminated. A ‘common misconception’ is often used as a distractor for medical PG entrance exams. Think twice when the answer is too obvious!
- The distractors: The distractor are strategically designed to attract candidates who haven’t fully mastered the medical PG exam topic. There are usually 2-3 distractors in a good medical PG image MCQ. A distractor can be correct but may not be the answer for the question.
- Be Testwise: Look for negatives, double negatives, always, never and all. ‘All of the above’ helps because you need to know only 2 of the choices are correct! Look for biased cueing like ‘long choices’ and grammatical cues. ‘often’, ‘sometimes’, ‘frequently’ ‘might’ and ‘rarely’ can help spot the answers.
- Tease out the process-oriented and result-oriented medical PG image questions. In a process oriented image question you will be expected to know the steps. E.g. which stain is used to identify the organism in this microscopy. In a result oriented image question it may be the diagnosis that is expected.
- Practice: There is no substitute for practicing the variations of the same question for your medical PG exams. On GateToMedicine platinum access will now add 1 new medical PG image question per day. 1 image question can be expected in each mock test too. Get Platinum Access Here or Login if you already have it. For how to use platinum access, see below. Google Image Search: Once you have mapped out the important image topics it’s time to see the variations. Type each topic in google image search and find similar images. You can also upload an image to find similar images.
More study points on medical MCQs will be released in future articles with appropriate High Yield Topics. You could attend the online exams for medical PG on G2M to master image based MCQs. It is time to make image based MCQs your strength in the upcoming medical PG entrance exams.
- Systematic approach to ECG image MCQs
- Chest X-rays with and without Images
NEET PG Online Mock tests & MCQs
Save 8943319688 to your contacts with the name G2M MCQs. Refresh your contact list & send a whats app message saying Free MCQs
Answer the MCQs below and see the popular answers. Don’t forget to check the correct answers and explanations.
Q1) This is a picture indicates:
A. Diabetic gangrene
B. IgA nephropathy5 Vote
D. Buerger’s disease
Q2) A 28 year old male presents with bilateral itchy red eyes. He has an ocular history of anterior blepharitis and a medical history of eczema.The palpebral conjunctiva has small tightly packed papillae bilaterally.Based on the history and the above given image, What is the most likely diagnosis?
A. Bacterial conjunctivitis
B. Acute glaucoma
C. Atopic keratoconjunctivitis 425 Candidates
D. Herpes simplex keratitis
Q3) A 10 year old girl is brought with an itchy and scaly rash on her body. Examination under UV light showed green fluorescence. What is the most likely diagnosis?
A. Nummular eczema
C. Tinea corporis
D. Erythema annulare centrifugum
Q4) Absence of the cavum septum pellucidum, as shown in this ultrasound image, may be associated with all EXCEPT:
B. Septo-optic dysplasia
C. Lobar holoprosencephaly
D. Agenesis of the corpus callosum
Q5) A multiparous female presents with condition shown in the image below. In CT scan it typically have a characteristic funnel-shaped neck. This condition should be managed by:
A. McVay repair
B. Bassini repair
C. Shouldice repair
D. Huntington repair
The references for the above questions were from the following:
Q1) Chapter 213. Dry Gangrene. In: Usatine RP, Smith MA, Chumley HS, Mayeaux EJ, Jr.. eds. The Color Atlas of Family Medicine, 2e. Reference link, Image Link
Q2) Chapter 5. Conjunctiva & Tears. In: Riordan-Eva P, Cunningham ET, Jr. eds. Vaughan & Asbury’s General Ophthalmology, 18e. Image link
Q3) Chapter 141. Tinea Versicolor. In: Usatine RP, Smith MA, Chumley HS, Mayeaux EJ, Jr.. eds. The Color Atlas of Family Medicine, 2e. Image Link
Q4) Fetal Imaging. In: Cunningham F, Leveno KJ, Bloom SL, Spong CY, Dashe JS, Hoffman BL, Casey BM, Sheffield JS. eds. Williams Obstetrics, Twenty-Fourth Edition.
Q5) Hernias & Other Lesions of the Abdominal Wall. In: Doherty GM.eds. CURRENT Diagnosis & Treatment: Surgery, 14e.
Image MCQs for NEET PG, AIIMS PG and JIPMER
There are 441 medical PG image MCQs for you to revise today and one new Question added per day on Platinum access.
We recommend that you be thorough with the G2M HYTs due to their high probability of repeats. Read the explanations well because you may find new questions from those areas in your AIIMS PG and NEET PG exams.
How to Attend NEET PG Image MCQs on G2M?
Step 1: Click on the Study Panel. Select PLATINUM ACCESS Pack as Active Package, On Exam List you can see the Filter for *Image Questions. After Select the Image Questions Save it.
Step 2: On study panel click on My Topics (My Tests).
Step 3: Click Create New
Step 4: Give Test Name ‘Image Questions’, You have 441 Questions available . Select all and Generate Exam to Revise the Questions.
Step 5: Generate Exam will save your topic for future.
Need help or guidance?
Phone us on 0487 6999902, Chat with us, Whats App us on 956 – 293 – 393 4
Register Free on G2M
Start with FREE 70 MCQs which are top rated repeats in NEET PG. Also earn the benefits of FREE membership.
Image MCQs for NEET PG, AIIMS PG & JIPMER PG are now available for revision on GateToMedicine with Platinum Access. This article has 7 important tips for mastering NEET PG image MCQs.
1414total visits,2visits today